As a finalist, Beaulieu now goes forward to the glittering Awards Ceremony, being held on Monday 12 May 2014 at Cheltenham Racecourse, when they will find out which award they will receive. All finalists are guaranteed to receive a Gold, Silver, Bronze or Highly Commended Award.
Judith Maddox, Beaulieu’s Events Manager, said: “We are delighted to have been selected as a finalist in the Tourism Event of the Year category at the VisitEngland Awards 2014 for our International Autojumble, particularly as the competition within the category is of a very high standard. These national awards are highly regarded within the tourism industry, so it is a great honour to have our Autojumble, now in its 48th year, recognised as one of the leading tourism events in England.”
James Berresford, Chief Executive of VisitEngland, said: “I would like to congratulate all those nominated as finalists for this year’s VisitEngland Awards for Excellence. We receive hundreds of applications each year of an extremely high standard, so it is a tremendous achievement for Beaulieu to become a finalist and to represent the top five in their category in England. I wish all the finalists the very best of luck for the Awards Ceremony in May.”
About the International Autojumble
- Beaulieu’s annual International Autojumble, is the largest outdoor sale of motoring items this side of the Atlantic, attracting an audience of 40,000 enthusiasts from all over the world. With over 2,000 stands selling motoring parts, accessories and memorabilia, hundreds of classic cars for sale and a Bonhams auction of collectors’ cars, motorcycles and automobilia, it is said that; “if you can’t buy it at Beaulieu – it doesn’t exist!” The name Autojumble was coined by the National Motor Museum’s former Director, Michael Ware, and the word now appears in the Oxford English Dictionary, its meaning given as ‘traders and autojumblers open for business.’
- VisitEngland is the country’s national tourist board. We work in partnership with the industry to develop the visitor experience across England, plan national tourism strategy, grow the value of tourism in England and provide advocacy for the industry and our visitors. Our work is underpinned by robust research and customer insights. You can access the latest in-depth market intelligence and statistics on www.visitengland.org/insight-statistics.
- England is a unique destination and a real powerhouse in global tourism. It represents 84 per cent of the total UK visitor economy, is worth £106 billion, and supports 2.6 million jobs.
- For corporate information see www.visitengland.org and for consumer information see www.visitengland.com.
- The VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2014 celebrate the best of English tourism. They promote healthy industry competition and high standards, helping to ensure England's place as a world-class destination. www.visitenglandawards.org.
- The 18 categories for the 2014 awards include: Access for All Tourism Award, Bed & Breakfast / Guest Accommodation of the Year, Business Tourism Award, Holiday Park / Holiday Village of the Year, Large Hotel of the Year, Large Visitor Attraction of the Year, Self-Catering Holiday Provider of the Year, Small Hotel of the Year, Small Visitor Attraction of the Year, Sustainable Tourism Award, Taste of England Award, Tourism Event of the Year, Tourism Experience of the Year, Tourism Pub of the Year, Visitor Information Provider of the Year.
- Included in the 18 categories are the additional Awards of Tourism Superstar, Travel Article of the Year and Outstanding Contribution to Tourism. The Outstanding Contribution to Tourism Award will be announced on the night. Previous winners of this award have included The Great English Pub, Michael Eavis CBE, HM The Queen, the Harry Potter films, Sir Cameron Mackintosh, Sir Paul McCartney, Liverpool, The National Trust, the English Garden and last year the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games Makers.