Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 September 2013 at National Motor Museum, Beaulieu.
One of the largest and most varied sustainable and eco-friendly motoring events take place at the internationally renowned National Motor Museum, Beaulieu next month. The organisers are delighted to confirm a number of new additions to the already packed programme:
* The Rt Hon Vince Cable MP Secretary of State for Business, Innovation & Skills, will unveil the new Bluebird DC50 electric sports car and Bluebird GTL electric race car at 15:00 on Saturday 28 September.
* Kingston University Electric Bike Phoenix will be on display having recently achieved 160mph at Elvington Airfield, York (A non-official UK Land Speed Record). The team is aiming to break the 200mph barrier. Kingston University has been developing world class electric bikes since 2009, and are actively competing on a world stage at the Isle of Man TT. They hope to return to the TT in 2014.
* Surrey-based Team Green MotorSport will display its Peugeot ION that recently completed the World Advanced Vehicle Expedition, WAVE 2013. A rally where forty teams from all over the world drove from Vienna to Zürich, powered by renewable energy. The team collected first prize for Best Car Decoration and were awarded 3rd for the most efficient drive. The Peugeot ION hosts a 16 KWh Lithium-Ion battery (220 V) and comes equipped with rapid charge port, enabling the car to be fast charged in less than 20 minutes to 85%. The total weight is 1195 kg. The maximum power of the synchronous motor is 49 kW delivering a maximum torque of 180 Nm EU standard. Green MotorSport visited many European cities en route, completing a total recorded distance over 2600 km powered only by electricity generated from renewable sources. The Moss Solar Trust supplied solar energy, and over 600 kW hours of energy were isolated for the journey making their efforts carbon zero.
* Taking to the circuit will be two Tesla Model S electric sedans, one of which will be driven to the event by Carl Nielsen, CEO of Clear Drive in Copenhagen, a company that is setting up a Tesla S Limo Service in Copenhagen. The Tesla Model S has been popping up in cities throughout the world as a viable replacement for traditional cabs, bringing another green transportation alternative to the public realm. The car can drive up to 265 miles on a single charge, and its supercharger can juice up the battery in just an hour, while the spacious interior can seat up to seven people, making it an attractive alternative to a traditional cab. There are three battery options – 40 kWh, 60 kWh and 85 kWh Model S, each delivering unprecedented range. The Model S comes standard with everything you need to plug into the most common 240-volt outlet.
* Stephen Vine, from New Forest Environmental, which runs a fleet of Twizy two-seater electric cars, will be providing hour-long drive experiences. The New Forest is the country's first destination to offer a fleet of Twizy electric vehicles with a comprehensive charge point network as a fun and innovative way to explore the stunning scenery. The Twizy two-seaters offer a truly 'green' stay for visitors who can arrive at the main train station at Brockenhurst, hire a Twizy and make use of a network of 20 charge points at hotels, B&Bs, holiday parks and attractions throughout the New Forest, and benefit from great money-saving discounts at all places.
* As well as live electric vehicle demonstrations and passenger rides on a 400m circuit, there will now be an electric kart trophy university challenge.
Together with live electric vehicle (EV) demonstrations, displays of the latest electric and hybrid cycles, cars and motorbikes plus a programme of debates in regards to UK Motor Sport in 2013 and Beyond.
Organised by Eco-Motorsport Ltd, Sustainable MotoExpo will include a strong presence from universities and colleges which focus on automotive and motor sport engineering showcasing their latest research and technology. For anyone thinking about pursuing a career in the automotive and/or motor sports industry, course leaders, career advisors and students will be on hand throughout the weekend to provide advice on the various options available.
One-day admission price, valid on either day, if purchased in advance up to 5pm on Friday, 27th September, 2013:
Under 5's FOC
Entry includes access into all of the Sustainable MotoExpo talks and seminars running over the weekend, plus entry to the National Motor Museum including the BOND IN MOTION exhibition, Palace House and Gardens, Beaulieu Abbey and World of Top Gear.
Tickets are available from the following places:
National Motor Museum, Beaulieu online shop, visit: www.beaulieuevents.co.uk or Tel: 01590 612888
Or from Tickets South, please visit: at: www.ticketsouth.co.uk/MotoExpo or Tel: 023 8071 1818.
In person: The Ticket South shop in The Marlands Shopping Centre, Southampton
Eco-Motorsport Ltd is a joint venture between Cheltenham MotorSports Ltd and Concession Cirkitz International. The team has a track record in staging Sustainable MotoExpo events, combining the latest in low carbon, energy efficient race and road cars, motorbikes, bicycles and go karts and eco motorsport. Cheltenham MotorSports provides the academic, industry and Government eco-system and race series development, while Concession Cirkitz International contributes the design and engineering expertise of IAAP award winning go-karts. Sustainable MotoExpo 2013 is the next step on our journey to develop a future eco motorsports race series and share the latest in low carbon technology and sustainable transport.
Beaulieu is one of the South of England’s top day visitor attractions and is set in the heart of the New Forest National Park. It is a guaranteed great family day out with lots for everyone to enjoy including the world famous National Motor Museum, home to a stunning collection of automobiles telling the history of motoringfrom the dawn of motoring to the present day, Palace House, home of the Montagu family, historic Beaulieu Abbey which was founded in 1204 by Cistercian Monks, BOND IN MOTION, the world’s largest official collection of original James Bond vehicles, World of Top Gear featuring vehicles from some of the presenters’ most ambitious challenges.
Sponsored by Next Green Car, the UK’s leading green car website providing independent and expert advice to help people find a more economical and environmentally friendly car. With all the latest news and reviews, a comprehensive database of new and used cars and the unique Green Car Rating enabling comparison across technologies - Next Green Car is an essential destination for those researching a greener car. http://www.nextgreencar.com
More information: www.sustainable-motoexpo.com www.beaulieuevents.co.uk